Take back

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 23:02:35 -0500 (CDT)

>Hi All,
>On a previous post I used the word "underbrush" referring to tuners who did
>not go gung-ho into the business.  I realize now that I may have offended
>some who like the slower paced, less pressure style.  If that is your way
>please accept my apology.  I did not wish to offend anyone and sometimes I
>talk before I have a chance to think what the words may mean to someone who
>doesn't think like I do.  I am 56 but still have a long way to go in
>learning how to get along.
>My apologies.
>James Grebe
>R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
>Piano Service and Piano Peripherals
>Creator of Hardwood PLTR's and Custom Piano Benches
>pianoman@inlink.com         If I wake up in the morning, it WILL be a great
>day!

Yo, J. G.,

You might consider that when you assume you might have offended folk before
the fact, and predicate an apology on the surmised probability of a possible
offense, you might, indeed, be offending a certain faction by presuming to
apologize for an equally presumed offense when, in actuality, you are
imposing on an otherwise un-offended populous by the unnecessary insistence
upon a likewise equally unnecessary and fallacious apology for an offense
that was, for all practical purposes, non-existent. In other words, don't
worry about it. Keep smiling and press on. Insist on verification of
offense, then decide on merit of the counter argument whether or not an
apology, or even a clarification of statement, is necessary. Be right, or be
wrong, but be whichever destiny decrees, with conviction. Then re-group as
necessary.

Just a little tip from your uncle Ron. (I really shouldn't drink on Saturday
night, I know. Call it a collaboration between me and Jack Daniels. Please,
be kind %-)  )

 Ron