callbacks

Wallace Scherer WallyTS@compuserve.com
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 14:24:00 -0400

Ken Burton wrote:
Wally,
This looks like a very complete examination of your advertising
posibilities. Do you also tell the customers you tune for that you will
call them when it is time for the next tuning (at the time interval which
they choose?) I feel this is one of the most important factors in keeping
a growing list of clients.
Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 05:56:55 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Kenneth W. Burton" <kwburton@calcna.ab.ca>
To: pianotechlist <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: My exp. with adv.

Yes, Ken, I have been encouraging customers to let me call them in 6 months
or a year (depending on the piano and their use of it) for another tuning,
and I do. This has generally resulted in about a 35% to 40% repeat rate at
that time. Some postpone it for a few months. A few don't want to bother
with regular tunings at all; "they will call me".

I have also just started using the automatic appointment cards with the
customers who let me, and most do. I tell them that if they want regular 6
month or 12 month tunings, I will send them a card about three weeks ahead
of time with the day, date, and time of their next tuning appointment. This
is generally about the same day and time as the tuning I am at their house
for at that moment. The card explains that if the appointment time presents
an "unavoidable problem" to please call me a week in advance to reschedule.
I won't know how this approach will work until this time next year. Others
I have heard from that use this method have been very positive.

Wally Scherer
E-mail: WallyTS@iName.com (Please use this new address now!)
Web page: http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/2411
"Speak to strangers - all your friends once were!"