Listening to Cassette Tapes (was Re: callbacks)

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:37:48 -0500

As piano technicians, we probably spend a good part of our time each day in
our vehicle.  If you have a cassette player in your car, you can use that
driving time to expand your mind by listening to recorded material, such as
a book on tape, or a lecture or seminar.

I would like to recommend an excellent cassette tape series by Michael
Gerber, titled "The E-Myth Seminar".  The 6 one hour long tapes are a
recording of a business seminar that Michael Gerber gave in Australia.  The
main premise in the tapes is that most people who start their own  business
don't have an idea about what they are doing, and the business is just
going haphazardly along from one crisis to the next.  The tapes have great
ideas on developing a plan for your business and doing things ON PURPOSE
instead of just reacting to a situation.  The emphasis is on deciding what
you want your business to look like in 3 to 5 years and making your vision
happen.  I have now listened to the entire tape series 6 or 7 times and
learn something new each time.

The tapes are available from:
Nightingale-Conant
7300 North Lehigh Avenue
Niles, Illinois 60714
1-800-323-5552
Nightingale-Conant is a leading distributor of business education
materials, with a lot of video and audio tapes, as well as business related
books.

Michael Gerber runs a business called:
Gerber Business Development Corp.
1310 Redwood Way, Suite 200
Petalum, CA 94954
(800) 663-6984

If you have some tapes that you would recommend, please let me know, as I
find myself doing a LOT of driving!  (Please include the Author or
speaker's name, and ordering information)

Sincerely,
David

At 03:36 PM 8/3/98 , you wrote:
>I basically do the same thing Ken does, with some variation based on a
>tip I got from the cassette series "The Psychology of Selling" by Brian
>Tracy.

>Clyde Hollinger, RPT
>Lititz, PA

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
Joplin, Missouri
dkvander@clandjop.com

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/

#pianotech page:

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html

New web page for the Joplin Community Concert Association

http://www.concerts.joplin.com