computers

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 06:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

>List, I'm fairly new at all this computer business. At the end of each
>day is it best to shut down the computer , or leave it running all the
>time. I've  been told both ways , but they were novices also. I know many
>of you have been using computers for a long time & would appreciate some
>input concerning this question.
>Thanks , Dick----Louisiana

FYI:
I left my Mac 550 desktop running 24 hrs a day for 4 1/2 years so I
wouldn't have to boot up.  During those 4 1/2 years I have replaced three
hard drives.  Whether that was a result of leaving it on, I don't know, but
I do know I used that computer *a lot*.

Now I operate from a Mac Powerbook 2400c which is shut down every so often
(and not because I want to) to connect periphial devices in the HDI port
and ADB ports (owner's manual says to do it).

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731