Bob Beck Message and return

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 21:19:14 -0500

Hi Mr. Beck,
Again thanks for your thoughts.
	In this business there are different versions of the same thing and you
would think that the use of computerized devices things would be more
uniform, BUT, they are so sophisticated that you can program your tunings
to your own tastes.  Thus my version of "in tune" is not exactly the same
as another persons.  Our own "whatever" is placed in our work.
	As you may know from the list, I build piano benches and caster cups in my
shop in addition to my piano work.  Believe me, even though I start out
with the same raw dimensions there are no 2 that turn out exactly alike
because I am doing them one at a time and not duplicating them with a
machine.  There are individual differences which is the "me" in my work.
Thanks for listening.
	 Are you in the St. Louis area?
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 Since 1962 in St. Louis, MO
pianoman@inlink.com

----------
> From: Robert W. Beck <rwbrpt@mindspring.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: RE: Bob Beck Message
> Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 6:49 PM
>
> Jim! Thanks for the quick follow!  I am sorry that your message service
> didn't catch all my "verbiage"!  Again, wonderful assessment of the
flavor
> of our "craft". Hope that others will accept your fine philosophy!
>                                              Bob Beck

Of