computers

Marvin McDonald pianomarv@earthlink.net
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 21:48:55 -0700

Dick,
I have been using and programming computers since 1980.  That is not long
compared to some folk and its an eon of time compared to others.  I have an
Apple II-e that has been on 24 hours a day for close to 14 years now and its
never had a problem.  It runs a BBS.

My MAC that I have in my office I keep on most of the time but do shut it
down occasionally.  Now I have had it crash on occasion and that may have
something to do with the stack getting so full that it needs to be flushed
and restarted.  I have never lost anything from any of the crashes

My Windows Laptop is just got so I'm not real familiar with it on a personal
level but I know several friends who own Windows machines and they keep them
on all of the time.  Don Manninos response make a lot of sense and you might
do well to heed it.

Have a great day and a lot of fun with your computer.  They are a GREAT
TOOL.

---Marvin McDonald