August Forster

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 19:34:39 EDT

<< I was called to check on a piano it is an August Forster manufactured in
Checoslovakia circa1944the serial No is 150-81972 it is a Baby Grand black
with ivory keytops, it is in good condition, owner claims that a technician
priced it on $ 44.000.00 !!!!!
 Any one knows how much could this piano be worth, or what is itīs price new ?

 I told him in my opinion, that is too much, I would price it in something
around $ 10.000.00 but that I would check with someone else.

 Thank you in advance

 Elian

Ask the technician to pay him $40,000, and lets see what happens.

Several years ago a local dealer had a brand new 6' August Forster for sale.
He finally had to drop the price to about $15,000 before it sold. Because
Americans do not know the value of European pianos, except maybe the
Bosendorfer, what the actual value of the piano is, and what it will sell for
in the States are going to entirely diffferent prices. My guess would be a
value of around $25,000. But for selling purposes, I would give an estimate of
around $8,000 - $10,000. But then to get that much might be another story.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis