service problems.

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 10:29:51 -0600

At 12:56 PM 8/6/98 -0500, Andy wrote:

>The piano had not been tuned for six or so years before that. The bass
>bridge had split and half of the pins had fallen out........I suppose due to
>age and then suddenly pulling it up above pitch. he insisted it was MY
>fault. I reminded him of me stressing to KEEP THE PIANO IN TUNE........I
>still feel that the tuner is partly responsible.

The owner is responsible for not doing what he was told to do. That is,
assuming the bridge was OK when it left your place.

>Well I quoted him a price to replace the bridge, and the piano would have to
> I know I am not at fault here, he refused to service the piano, and then
>compounded the problem by the tuner pulling it up too high. any advice????

In the future there is, yes. Our warranty forms on the invoices state in no
uncertain terms that if the tunings specified are not done or are performed
by someone who has not been checked by us then the warranty is void. There
is no argument since the owner knows in advance that they will lose their
warranty if they don't do it.

		John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada