computers

conrad hoffsommer hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:55:52 -0500 (CDT)

At 15:03 8/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
>kam544@earthlink.net wrote:
>>
>> Does your computer not have a back-up battery when you unplug?  If it does,
>> and it's not keeping your clock set, you might want to consider puttin a
>> new one in.
>>
>> Keith McGavern>
>
>However, if the machine is off for two weeks while on vacation, a small
>cell battery won't last.
>
>Frank Cahill

Au contraire, I think.  My machine was off for almost 5 weeks and came back
on with correct time and date. I haven't gone searching for the battery in
mine either, but whatever is there did just fine.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College                         Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045             hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu

Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot. - Haitian proverb