Kawai UST-5

conrad hoffsommer hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:33:18 -0500 (CDT)

Herr Mannino, et al,

At 20:49 8/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
>So many questions!

Such good answers...  and couldn't come at a better time.  I'm in the middle
of getting 4 new consoles with UST-7's and UST-8's two models under
consideration.

Had I known, I'd a spent more time in the exhibit hall at Providence. Ah,
well...

I do recall the UST-6's which were at WITCC, being subjected to neophyte
tuning for 8-10 hours a day.  Talk about hard use!!!

> The UST-7 is still the tough workhorse, UST-8 is good too, but not as
tough a cabinet and doesn't stand up to rolling from room to room as well.

Are scale and action the same? (7's/8's?)

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College                         Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045             hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu

Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot. - Haitian proverb