Upright side panel loose

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:30:36 -0600

Hi Paul,
I would suggest that you first mark the parts where they should be  so that
they can be put back as near to the original spot as is possible. Then lay
the instrument on its back on a tipper and remove the loose side. You will
now be able to resurface to glue the parts together and plug the old screw
holes. I use four 8 foot clamps with 2X4s that the clamps touch. One side
of both the two 2X4s needs to be covered with a towel to protect the
finish, also under the pipes. Have someone help you orient the side board
as you reassemble and glue.  You might reattach the keyboard before the
glue sets up but I would wait and work with a solid side getting the key
bed as close to where it was with one screw then try the action. You might
get lucky and not have to do much regulation. I think the clamps are called
Pony Clamps.
Best of luck
Joe
You know you are on the level if your bubble is in the middle.----------