Yamaha P2

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 20:42:16 -0600

Greetings Leslie,
                  Most of the time you can just reshape the hammers and the
problem is solved. To check, note the tone difference between the first
tenor and last bass note, also if you play major triad progressions from
the unwound strings, through to the bass bridge. you will probabily notice
very uneven voicing. This check is a strong pointer to the cause of rubbery
sounding bass strings. It's a lot easier to strip sand the first couple of
notes in both sections than twisting a string.
  Most P2's are fitted with the clip type flanges, slacken the screw on the
clip about an eighth of a turn, slip centre pin back in position with a
utility knife blade, tighten screw.
Regards Roger

At 06:24 PM 10/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
>List:
>	The school district for which I tune has three Yamaha P-2 pianos.
> Each has "thunky " bass strings, rather loose tuning pins, and hammer
>flange pins coming out.   Is this an "inferior" piano overall, or do I
>just have some lemons?
>	Almost all the other Yamaha pianos are doing fine.
>
>	Also, where can I e-mail Yamaha to get some information as to
>identifying models which seem to have no model number on them?
>
>Thanks
>
>Leslie Bartlett
>lesbart@juno.com
>Outside of a dog, a good book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too
>dark to read"

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada.