Answering Machines - Outcome For Now

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:24:27

I might add to Zen's list of real tape machine virtues the fact that you
can use standard tapes in them, and they will record phone conversations if
both parties are willing to put up with the (legally required) beeps every
ten seconds.

My Panasonic, which takes normal-sized cassettes, has also been bombproof.
The tonal quality of the messages improves a lot when the tapes are taken
to a normal stereo system. I've never had anything tangle. Every year or
two I replace the message cassette (with a normal 60-minute tape) since all
that backing and forthing must surely wear and stretch the tape.

Susan