Voicing Steinway-need sustain!

Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:22:17 -0700

Lance,

The rocker gauge is not a very precise tool to use for this purpose.  I'd
recommend purchasing (or borrowing for the occasion) a bubble gauge that will
enable you to measure string deflection angles.  Assuming a five year old
soundboard in the lower treble section there should be somewhere between 0.5º
and 0.75º.  In the upper treble section it should be more like 0.75º and 1.0º.

Del