Answering Machines

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:41:10

Bill Simon wrote:
>Great machine, the dual full sized cassette machine. I had an earlier
>Panasonic that had instructions for eliminating the beep. It was "PROGRAM-
>something-something-AUTOSTORE" - When I got my latest unit, a KX-T2475, I
>found the same sequence made it beepless when recording, even though the
>information was not in the new owners manual. They did not change the chip
set
>for different countries. I also believe that the rules for recording with
beep
>or without are different in different states. Technically, Linda Tripp did
>nothing wrong when recording "because she did not know it was illegal to do
>so" - which is the rule in her home state.  In other states, if one person
>knows it is being recorded it is all right.

Hi, Bill
How did you enter that instruction, again? This is a Panasonic EASA-PHONE,
Model KX-T1470. It's a goodly age, now, but seems to be carrying on in fine
style, unlike other brands I've tried.

I would never hide from anyone the fact that I was recording, but it would
be very pleasant to eliminate the annoying beep.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370