Inharmonicity - so what actually causes it ?

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 18:35:06

At 09:02 PM 8/15/98 EDT, JB wrote:

>following this line of SWAG....... the more flexible the string the less
>effect a Node/Null Point would have, conversely the thicker and more
>inflexible the more this would effect the string??..........is this why some
>bass notes are so difficult to hear and pin down??
>Just thinking via keyboard.......
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Yes, the ones on the writing desks that I "tune" (if you can call it that)
... in fact, I find every now and then that someone (or someone's ETD) got
so confused that they zeroed in on the wrong partial, and the "note" (if
you can call it that) is over a full tone low.

Susan Kline (OR)

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370