Baldwin Concert Master vs Disklavier

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:31:27 EDT

<<  Could any of you do any comparisons of owning one of these over the
 other. Especially as it might relate to an educational institution? I
 need some valid reasons why one might be preferable over the other in a
 school setting.
    We're starting a program of buying Disklaviers in order to build a
 library of accompaniments for the standard repertoire for students to be
 able to check out and rehearse with. I'm sure the program will evolve
 into more than just that, but that's the initial impetus for buying the
 instruments.
    What I'm wondering about are any advantages of one over the other as
 far as usage, longevity, upgradeability (is that a word?), maintenance,
 etc.
    Feel free to reply off-list if you wish. Thanks for any information.

 Avery   mailto:atodd@uh.edu

Avery:

Side to side, I think the Disclavier, the Concert Master, PianoDisc, etc. all
perform the same. The big difference is that you have to buy a Disclavier from
Yamaha. Theres is nothing wrong with a Yamaha, and if that is the way the
university wants to go, fine. But A PianoDisc or Concert Master, can be
installed in the pianos the university allready owns. This could mean a big
savings. As they say, money talks.

Just my opinion.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis