Hawaiian Humidity

SprBil@aol.com SprBil@aol.com
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:52:50 EDT

Hi Larry,

I regards to humidity here in Hawaii.  The lowest I've recorded in a home is
38% (really strange) to a high of close to 92%, average in most areas is
around 60%, but back in the valleys, and mountian areas it will be more like
80%.  You can E-mail me privately for more specific info about areas of
Honolulu.

If your client is moving from a very dry area, it is remotely possible the
change could cause a problem.  I have seen a few (like 3 or 4 in 18 years)
pianos (none Baldwins) where the soundboard has "buckled" when the piano had
been brought from the mainland.  However, I have also seen pianos that have
traveled around the world and arrived here just fine.

Hope this helps.

Bill Springer, RPT
Honolulu
SprBil@aol.com