moving dolly, and.....

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@nau.edu
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:48:07 -0700

Hi all,

I just had a group of movers do some significant piano relocating for me
here at the university. They were using a couple of new dollies which
they had just purchased. These are the normal type 4-wheel moving
dollies but VERY well built. The entire frame was made of dense
high-grade oak, flush on all sides and the top, (unlike most which have
the lower mitered cross sections). The wheels were of outstanding
quality. The top long-side surfaces were covered with an unusual coarse
rubber sheeting with hundreds of little nodes protruding an 1/8" or so
to further improve the grip. It was a real pleasure using these things,
far better then any moving dolly I have used.

I inquired where they were purchased from and was shown the shipping
label which was still stuck on the botton side. If anyone is interested
they came from...

New Haven Moving
1518 Paloma St.
Los Angeles, Ca.  90021-2691

(213) 749-8181

AND...
Still have not gotten any real guesses for the trivia question. Come on
guys, (and ladies), put some effort into it!

There is something to be found inside "Subway" sandwhich shops relating
to pianos.
Yes, this is a bit trivial, perhaps a stretch. Nevertheless the less,
"every" Subway has this and can easily spotted. There IS a piano
connection here. When you finally see it you'll know you found it. Kinda
like an easter egg hunt, you'll have to go there for lunch tomorrow and
look around. Just something that caught my eye while waiting for my 12"
meatball. I had to laugh and mention it here.

Good Luck!

Rob Goodale, RPT