Brambach grands

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:32:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi Susan:

I agree with your sentiments. My second rebuild job was on a Brambach. My,
I was proud of that job. I refinished the case in open pore mahogany. I
used spray can bronze (actually not too shabby), I tried to reglue the
pinblock laminations, I even used pinblock restorer afterwards, I glued the
new damper felts in the piano (that sure avoided a lot of damper fitting),
I replaced any keybushings which were showing heavy wear, I even replaced
all of the felt punchings (after-touch? what's that?), I adjusted the
jacks way back under those pear shaped knuckles so they would never
slip, I rubbed lots of graphite on the repetition levers and knuckles and
wippen block felt. Does any of this bad stuff ring a bell with any of you?

Eight years later the piano was junked. That was just 8 years too late. but
what did I know? Then? I had only been tuning for about 8 years, but of
course, I was a slow learner, and still am.

Jim Coleman, Sr.