strip muting: pitch question

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 22:00:30 EDT

<< Hi Wim:

 The new SAT III has two amounts of overshoot to be used in pitch
 raising. In the previous models, tuning the unisons as you go would give
 more accurate results except that the Bass would end up high. If one used
 a strip and tuned only the center strings with the machine and later came
 back to clear the unisons, the treble would end up flat.

 Now, one can use the 25% over-ride for the Bass doing only the open strings
 with the felt strip in position, use the 34% over-ride for the treble with
 the strip installed. After clearing the unisons, the pitch is very close to
 where you want it for a fine tuning to follow.

Jim:

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my SAT III. Any word on when it will be
here?

Wim

PS In regards to the question originally asked. I was answering the question
as if it had to do with a normal tuning, not a pitch raise. Since there have
been so many posts on pitch raising, I won't go into that topic again.