strip muting: pitch question

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:43:14 -0700 (MST)

Hi to all:

I can only say that it should be soon. It's just little stuff which needs
a little tweaking. I have been using prototypes for about 2 months. Most all
of the portions of the program are complete. The hardware is coming along
fine. It's worth the wait. This morning I tuned a Story & Clark console. The
auto-stepping worked very well. I only had to hit the up note twice. This
occurs because the mike may be on a null point for a certain frequency. The
solution is to move the SAT or Mic or hit the up NOTE button. It's easier
to hit the Up NOTE button. It required a little boost of the amplifier
to get it this good. I had the same problem with the RCT. It's an acoustical
problem. 2 mics would solve that problem, but would create several others.
God gave us two ears to solve the problem of the ear being at a null point
for certain frequencies. Works pretty good doesn't it? But we don't have
phase angle problems like electronic devices do.

Jim Coleman, Sr.