"first" jobs was Re: Brambach grands

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:09:59

Wim wrote:
>Jim & The list
>
>I think it would be an adventure if we shared some of our first jobs.

Well, there was the first console with seizing plastic flanges that I came
across. I tried to zap them, and discovered (surprise!) that they loosened
up, but only as long as it took them to cool down. Then I started repinning
them by hand, one by one, and put the darned things back in! They didn't
have the grace just to break for me, so I'd realize I should replace them
with wooden ones. Made three or four visits altogether, each a terrible
struggle. What an education!

And there was the grand where the lady had put a huge candle on the music
desk during a party, and it was in a draft, ate a hole in the side out of
sight, and dumped several pounds of wax straight through the action all the
way to the keybed.

Susan

 >She told me that 2 years after I finished the job, the Monarch fell
>off a truck in Colorado, was repaired, and is now living happily in a saloon
>in Old Colorado City, Colorado Springs.
>
>Willem Blees RPT
>St. Louis

What a perfect fate for it! It'll do just fine there!
Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com