M&H BB harmonic

Dan Rue rue@ncia.com
Sat, 22 Aug 98 06:30:26 -0800

Dear List,  I have a client with a problem Mason & Hamlin BB. The piano
has a very strong harmonic produced by G#5. The sound continues after the
key is released and cannot be stopped by blocking the string or any
related strings. The sound is also produced, but to a lesser degree, by
G#2,3, &4 and by C#3 & 4. I have tried blocking all G# & C# strings in
the piano as well as muting the strings behind the bridges to no avail.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Dan Rue, RPT