My turn!

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 18:43:58 -0400

Thanks Newt. I've done the blowing, the Flitzing and the McLubing, but am
still waffling on whether to rebush. Key bushings have become almost a
'signature' for me, and even if this weren't the case, my first ever job
was better than what I'm seeing.

You can tell me a source for Flitz. I'm running out, and don't know a
vendor here.

Note to group: I've received several private replies about how to deal with
the white gooey adhesive. My original statement was "with my luck", and
could have easily gone unwritten in that already lengthy post. While I
appreciate the kind replies, I'm comfortable with working with the nasty
slime. Being comfortable with and liking it are two different things. It's
a moot point. These bushings appear to be secured with hide glue, the same
hide glue that's slopped all over the sides and bottoms of the keys, the
keyframe rails and other places it shouldn't be.

At 04:30 PM 8/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Jim,
>
>I would not rebush.  I would use compressed air and blow the bushings as
>cleans as I can and then polish the ins with Flitz then lubricate the
>pins AND bushings with Glide All or clean McLube.  This will bring it
>all back to a workable condition, if not prestine new.
>
>I don't like this type of thing as well.  I have seen efforts to "fix"
>action problems with McLube Black, a much messier abomination than a
>little graphite.  Teknishun stuph.
>
>    Newton
>    nhunt@jagat.com

Jim Harvey, RPT