Potter vs. Tech Schools

Wallace F. Wilson WILSON53@MARSHALL.EDU
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:13:15 -0400

I recommend the Bennett St School hands-down, and another good choice
is to join the PTG, from whom you can obtain excellent materials and
develop helpful contacts.

	I started with the Randy Potter school, but had the advantage of old
friends who were in active in the Guild and helped us by letting us
apprentice, and we joined the Piano Technicians Guild as Associate
Members.  Today's materials from the Piano Technicians Guild are, in my
opinion, outstanding.  If you will associate yourself with a PTG
chapter, you can purchase these materials *and* find folks who may help
you.  You can find a local chapter by contacting the home office at
816-753-7747 or email to 75032.3711@compuserve.com.  Direct your inquiry
to Sandy.  The cost has been most reasonable, and you get to meet a
wonderful bunch of people.