pianotech-digest V1997 #1056

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:20:38 -0600

Thanks Mike,
imatunr@primenet.com
The new improved Grand-Upright Hammer looks like it will relay handle ( pun
intended ) both with ease. For those who saw the Grand impact at Providence
RI, we have changed the design so that the weights can be moved around
creating more or lesser fulcrums for loose or tight pins.

I will try to explain. The Grand hammer fully extended is 19 inches long
with a 5 inch tuning shaft in the middle  When you add a one inch tuning
tip the offset is 5-3/4 inch. To get a lighter impact one can remove one or
both steel weights.
Uprights will have more options for choosing the weight of impact. Starting
from light to heavy the upright hammer can be as short as a 6-1/2 inch wood
covered handle or add one weight 9-1/2 inches add a wood handle is the next
heaviest impact 14 inches long. Then heavier impact with wood handle and
two weights 12 inches. Or if you are tuning a real monster all handles and
weights with the weights in the middle and on the end 17-1/4 inches long.

Boy Mike you did a fine job on this one. I love the Bacote wood.
Gordon, I hope this helps you, the total weight fully assembled is 2lb  7oz