New York or Hamburg

John Hartman pianocraft@sprintmail.com
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:30:15 -0400

Roger,

Rather than re-bush double bushed guide rails I make new damper rails. I
copy everything except the diameter of the holes which I drill with a #7
bit and bush so a #8 bridge pin is tight. I size and stabilize the
bushed holes with water and hot bridge pins.

BTW most Hamburg Steinways I have seen have nickel plated plate lags
some what taller than usual. Many were equipped with wippen support
springs. Most do note have a sustinuto and the case styles are
different.

John Hartman RPT