Potter vs. Tech Schools

BopPiano@aol.com BopPiano@aol.com
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:15:48 EDT

I think that correspondence courses are suitable for those who can't go the
distance for whatever reason.  In many areas, this trade is very competitive
and those with the greatest skill level will get the most and best work first.
Getting started is your first real challenge.  I have noticed so many tuners
of marginal expertice still working the spinet angle after many years.  NBSS
not only provides the very epitome of professional training, but conections to
good positions for motivated and skilled graduates are abundant. Summer jobs
at Tanglewood and Interlochen are generally filled with NBSS grads.  Many very
successful technicians have come from there and are in prominant positions so
the network is invaluable.  If money isn't the issue, I can't imagine any
reason to take a short cut if you are really serious about being as good as
you can be as soon as you can be.