Steinway action rail replacement

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:09:57 -0400

Hi Jerry,

I didn't notice you are in France.  German parts would be easier to get
there than here.

Do not use electronics solder, it's flux is not kind to brass.  I used
common plumbers solder.

As compulsive as Germans are I would not try to best them with a new
scale stick unless man agraffes are not properly located.  If only two
or three out of line make allowances for those only.

If I were you I would get pre-drilled rails instead of blank; much less
work.

The other possibility is to send the action frame to Germany to have
them install new rails, especially if you need both, a lot less chance
for error.

Please note that the rails are rotated slightly.  Duplicate this
rotation exactly for proper parts alignment.

Have fun.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com