Parlor (reed) Organs stop names

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:07:06 -0500

Dear list,
	Can someone give me  definitions of the names of the stops in reed
organs?

Why?   Because the cottage organ I am working on has NO stop faces, so we
have to guess at the names of the ranks. (4) This is a Cable, if anyone
has access to one.

Bourdon,  Clarabella, Diapason, flute,(which rank this should be? and I
don't suppose there is any diff between this reed and that from "violin"?)
Gamba, Principal, Cremona, (violin I bet).  This is from the selection
that Schaff orders. (HINT...Hey Schaff, when are you gonna have an email
address for ordering???)

Ric Vox Pulchritude