Potter vs. Tech Schools back

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:18:42 -0400

pianoman wrote:

> Hello Frank,
> One sign of skill is thinking that you are not as good as you really are.
> I'll bet you are very good and if you can get the junkers to sound decent
> you will do very well on the quality stuff.  Skill is learned down in the
> trenches where the real work is.  Tread on, you are on the right track.
> James Grebe
> R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
>  Since 1962 in St. Louis, MO
> Home of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
> pianoman@inlink.com
>
> ----------
> Thanks for the encouragement.  I really appreciate goods words from someone who's been in the trenches for years.

By the way, I just got off the phone with an RPT friend.  We get
together about once a month to learn/practice piano stuff.  His help
allowed me to pass the written exam last spring.

He has access to good pianos at his church (he's plays organ on
Sundays). Starting in September, once our kids are back in school, we'll
be doing aurel tunings in preparation for the exam.  I guess there is
still hope for me.

Thanks
--

Frank Cahill