Used book

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:40:24 -0400 (EDT)

I bought a hardcover mystery book for 50 cents at our library book sale.
It's called "The Piano Man", by Noreen Gilpatrick, St. Martin's Press,
1991. It's about a concert pianist who goes to a remote island in Puget
Sound to restore 3 pianos. Ms. Gilpatrick says she patterned it after a
real piano man on the island named Roger Russell. (Nobody by that name in
the PTG directory.) It's mildly interesting. The writing is pretty corny.
The descriptions of actually working on the pianos sound as though the
author talked to somebody about it but knows little herself.

Probably everybody except me has heard of this book already. The dust
jacket describes it as the greatest mystery every written, or something
like that. Anybody else read it? I hope I didn't get gypped.

Mark Graham