Buzzing string problem

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 01:29:29 -0500

----------
> From: Avery Todd <atodd@UH.EDU>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Buzzing string problem
> Date: Wednesday, August 26, 1998 6:32 PM
>
> Hi Phil,

, send the broken one off and have it duplicated.

> haven't used one (universal replacement) in years and don't >plan on
ever doing so again.

I have to agree, because I hadn't used one in a few years and found out
for the 5th time why it is better to have the broken one duplicated.  If
you
charge for the time it takes to unwind the universals esp the ones with
tiny wrap, you save your client a few $'s and treat yourself to a "proper
professional experience".
	I was so frustrated with my last universal, (in a Winter Spinet) I almost
succomed to a short
cut I saw a few times in bar pianos. There the tech didn't bother to
unwind, he simply strung the whole thing across the bridge!!

Ric The Replacer