..Andy Taylor isn't far off base..or topic..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:52:53 -0400

..recently, we lost a member of this list because he felt he his posts
were being ignored..you can't please everyone, but at the same time,
he brought up a couple of things that I am going to quote
here..because there is another list member who, at times, has felt the
same way..

> > I joined the list, to be educated and maybe be able to maybe help
someone
> > with a servicing problem If I was able. The absolute silence to my

> postings
> > tells me that my participation is not wanted nor needed..........
Ok I
> can
> > take a hint!

..granted, this may be a little sensitive, but I know a certain list
member who has felt the same way in the past..

..and then he brings up a subject that, if I would not have seen it or
heard it with my own eyes and ears, I wouldn't have believed it..

> > Grant it, I don't have the "sheepskin" of RPT,PTG, or anything
else.
> > although I dont find anything wrong with that. and could pass the
ptg
> exam
> > without much effort.

..I know a certain list member who is *just an Associate who pays
dues* who is working towards having the letters RPT after his
name..and there have been occasions, that's right, PLURAL, this list
member has been made to feel like a 2nd class citizen because the
letters RPT did not follow his name..do you find that hard to
believe?..i know _I_ did..

..there are a couple of Larry's who I am forever indebted to for
getting me started in this business..first was Larry Goldsmith..then
Larry Crabb..and in a short time and alot of hard work on this
Associate's part, I began eeking out a living in this business..

..when I heard the words that I was *just an Associate who pays his
dues*, it hurt alot..it was said in complete ignorance, something I
never expected from a group of people who have helped this Associate
in the past, and who claim to pride themselves in helping others..but
it was said, and it has been *implied* by some who are reading this
right now..

..yes, I'm *just an Associate who pays his dues*..and I'm also just an
associate who has been asked to pay his dues in a manner that I
wouldn't wish on any of you reading this at this time..there is NO
support from the PTG where I live..it doesn't exist, and never did,
according to a local tech who has been here for awhile and is NOT a
member of the PTG..*paying my dues* means working in an environment
that has no local support..my classes to *improve* my status to RPT
are 500 miles away, and I can't get there nearly enough because it
costs REAL money to stay in a motel (or with friends), and guess what
that means?..loss of income for that time..the closest active Guild is
2.5 hrs. away..how many of you were forced to pay your dues in this
manner?...I will bet you weren't made to feel like a 2nd class citizen
while you improved your skills..

..i've said enough..I've gotten this off my chest..the vast majority
of you still reading this have been very helpful..but there are a few
of you who have, for no reason, made it a point that RPT is the
*elite*..it may be, but there's no reason to be *elitist* about it..

Regretfully submitted,
Phil Bondi