Radio/SAT

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 22:07:36 -0400

Sy Zabrocki wrote:

> Apparently there is a healthy magnetic field emited from the Sanderson Accu-Tuner in some modes of operation. While working on an old upright I was listening to a battery operated radio. When it was time to tune I placed the SAT about one foot from the radio.
>
> While programing in the FAC numbers there occurred a loud static in the radio, especially when running up the cents numbers. A static click in the radio also happened when setting the note and octave buttons and also when using the foot switch.
>
> There was no static in the radio while tuning a note. Some kind of interference from the SAT was affecting the radio.
>
> Sy Zabrocki

Hey, this device has lots of stuff going on inside.  It is after all, a
computer.  There is probably an oscillator to generate a A440 signal,
perhaps some phase lock loops (old Hale SAT did) and who knows what else
indide.  I asked Paul for a schematic but they want to keep things
secret.  Anyway, put a radio next to your computer and listen.

My ham radio is useless next to my computer.  Mostly, it's the monitor
that affects the equipment.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member