Buzzing string problem

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:23:58 -0400

Hello

I carry several sets of universal strings for when I have to replace strings
an I never had problems with them.
I measure where the copper shoud end and then I use a round plier, I place
it there and aplying presure I rotate it in the direction of the wound until
it cuts trogugh, when it arruves to the steel core, you wil notice that the
copper looks pressed, I clean the other end, and then, when I put the string
I give it 1 and 1/2 twist also on the dirction of the wound.

If you still have some  margine to work with near the end of the wound, try
to use this method near the end of the coil,
and twist the string once placed, maybe you can save it, if not, use another
one. Better to loose a string than a customer

regards

Elian