I Quit!

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:45:31 -1000

>Dear Andy & Chris,
>
>I think you should get your modem checked.  I'm a newbie and whenever  I
>post a
>question or topic, I am overwhelmed with responses.  Most of these responses
>come from the most experienced techs and experts in the field. I am really
>impressed that they take time out to respond to my  inconsequential inquiries.
>My experience is totally opposite from yours on the list.  Hand around for a
>while and I think you'll find that you were mistaked about the aloofness
>of this
>list.
>
>Phil Ryan
>Assoc. PTG

Dear Andy,

	I second Phil Ryan's comments.  I certainly also am a newbie and
whenever I have a question first I bounce it off the list, even though Jim
Coleman Sr. lives just accross the dried up river.  In fact instead of
calling me, he usually responds on the list.  So, you will find that as a
forum this can be very enlightening.  Once I wrote a question about a
Steinway which I was about to serve and got over 10 responses and then
Steve Brady put it into the PTG journal, then a guy called me from
Minnesota to give another solution to a problem which I was able to solve
in the first visit.

	I think it is great that you are restoring junk players, to a
lesser extent I do to, and I loved your web page chronicalling it.  It is
quite ambitious to replace a pinblock of an upright.

	When you have a problem with someone's attitude it is just that,
the more experience have to help the rest of us otherwise there would be no
room for improvement.  If you go to a PTG convention you will really see
this.  You can not be an expert unless it can be taught, I guess that is
why some members of the list teach classes whenever they can.

	Hang in there  and be sure to write more to this list or MM Digest,
because I enjoy reading your posts.

Eliot Lee

"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars, guides
you too." - P.R. Sarkar