Single Treble Bridge

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 23:49:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi Tom:

It is my opinion that for a shorter treble bridge segment accommodating
wound strings to be effective, it needs to be firmly attached to the
major portion of the treble bridge. The older Steinway with separate
tenor bridge and also the M&H piano of similar design did not have as
firm an attachment to the main treble bridge as would be necessary to
avoid that thumpy sound which we all have heard from those pianos.

Jim Coleman, Sr.