I Quit!

LTpianoman@aol.com LTpianoman@aol.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 03:32:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/27/98 7:58:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tempola@swbell.net writes: << I have tried to bring several topics up for
discussion, just to be totally ignored. >>
Andy,
If I didn't respond to any of your postings it was simply because i either
didn't see it, (I now have over 600 postings saved for reading! actually over
900 but 600 sounds better) or I leave it to  the much more experienced techs
to comment unless it's something I feel knowledgeable enough to tackle.
Everybody needs everybody on the List.  Whether you are responding to a post
or just gathering input, you are still part of the piano tech population which
is richer from the collective advanced knowledge as a result of so many
gathering that input.
A lot of times the responses to my questions are overwhelming and a lot of
times unanswered.  But I think that a lot of topics are not responded to
because the list is equivalent to a large World-Wide conversation, and it is
in pretty much real time and it keeps moving along at it's own pace...and
naturally some topics are left behind in the stream of conversation.
So...I for one would very much like you to stay on the List.

<< So I service players and bring back pianos that some of you would consider
 junk and a waste of money........so what???  they are far better than some
 of the pianos that we are called upon to tune from time to time! >>
...I too recondition so-called junk.  I've done pianos that were on loading
docks ready for the dump when I found them and turned them into some really
good and profitable instruments ...I for one find that rewarding and
intriguing...dumpster to living room.