HT (was Re: I Quit!/HT's/Pecking Order)

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:34:52 -0500

[Sorry if this gets double posted - I've been having technical problems
this morning.}

Billbrpt@aol.com wrote:

> Just wait to see what happens if you would dare to suggest using a Historical
> Temperament on one of your instruments!
<snip>

How fortuitous. Welcome back Bill. I don't know if you received the
e-mail I sent a couple of weeks ago. So, with flame suit on...

I tuned a Yamaha M1AR recently for a piano teacher. She was complaining
of a noisy 10th which she first noticed when one of her students was
playing a Bach minuette. After tuning the piano, she didn't think that
that interval sounded any better (it was properly tuned). I think that
because this interval occurred at the end of a phrase and was held for
several beats, it was noticable.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could suggest an HT appropriate for this
piano that might be more "baroque friendly".

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Regards,

Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX
Associate member PTG