..Andy Taylor isn't far off base..or topic..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:56:57 -0400

Dick Beaton wrote:

> Phil...
> Your message saddened me. RPT status does not imply super expertise!!  The
> tests are to find out if the examinee has the necessary basic knowledge and
> talent to tune and regulate/repair a piano.  While it is something to be
> proud of, it is improper IMHO to brag about it.

..it is improper, in MY opinion, to look down on Associates..and it's only a
few, Dick..like I said, MOST people have been very helpful..I have been singled
out by the Honorable Jim Coleman, Sr. in his Advanced Tuning classes at the
last 2 Conventions..that made me feel REAL good..he is someone I have looked up
to since Day 1 in this business..Larry Crabb makes it a point to *crow* about
my skills and my willingness to learn and my *drive* to be the best I can be to
anyone who will listen..

..I can only hope that someday I can be as proud and as concerned and as
supportive as these 2 fine gentleman for their fellow technicians..

..believe me Dick, it's only a few who just irritate me..and I blew a gasket
last night reading Andy's post..tuning 3 piano's today and scheduling 2 more
for next week mellowed me a bit!..

..if anyone ever wants to crawl under MY skin, just tell me I'm *just a
dues-paying Associate*..then duck!

Phil Bondi