Single Treble Bridge

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:15:51 -0700 (MST)

Hi Tom:

I did just this for a Knabe 6'4 about 2 years ago. I used horizontal
laminated pinblock material fitted to the inside curve of the Tenor
bridge, glued and screwed to the soundboard and bridge. This provided
a shortening of the wound strings thereby cutting back on the excessive
tension of the wound strings, raising the inharmonicity to match the
plain strings neighboring that area. The customer is a fine pianist and
is delighted with the piano. Recapping of the entire treble bridge was
done, so other slight alterations of the stringing scale were also done.

Jim Coleman, Sr.