digital piano dolly

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:27:00 -0500

Hello all,
This morning I installed the new Digital piano dolly from GRK underneath a
Technics Digital in a church here.  The dolly comes with 6 locking wheels
and is basically the same as the regular upright dolly except that 2 right
angled pieces of steel about 20 inches long are supplied to put under the
sides of the piano back to front.  The piano seemed to weigh half as much
as the dolly and due to the digital being scootched on the church rug for a
long while the case is not as rigid as it once was.  Result was that it
squeaks on the dolly from the plastic bottom of the piano case and the
joints giving.  The dolly goes for $520 retail and is ok but it is severe
overkill for the little digital.  Of course the problems of raised pedal
height are all there as well as raising the height of the keyboard.  I
suggested wood under the players heel to raise the foot and the same under
the legs of the bench.
	I would thing a better solution to this would be some type of outrigging
devise to keep the piano closer to the floor.  The whole thing moves so
easily now I think they will have collisions with the back of the organ
console.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 Since 1962 in St. Louis, MO.