Single Treble Bridge

Doug Richards Doug.Richards@quantum.com
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:07:38 -0700

Jon,
Thanks for the offer on the wall sculpture, ah, I mean piano.  I even have a
corner of my "shop" (garage) to put it!   :-)

Seriously (or maybe you were)

What I was after was a soundboard outline to continue the string model.  At
this point, I'm just following an idea and don't want to take the time to
measure.   If the results look like something I believe or come up with an
idea on an improvement, I'll model parts from a real piano that I could take
measurements from, create a FEA model, make 'theoretical' improvements on
the piano, then check out the 'real' improvements.  Before I spend too much
money, I thought I'd take the time to go through a complete analysis to find
out how much effort it takes and if any new modeling ideas come up that I'd
really want to test on a real piano.

doug richards
San Jose, CA