upright pinblock replacement.

R. Goodale robert.goodale@nau.edu
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 22:05:37 -0600

Andy,

Interesting proceedure here. I have a couple of questions, however...

First, what about down bearing? Was there proper bearing before and thus
you duplicated what was there, or did you change the hight of the block
in any way for an adjustment? Of course you could still adjust some on
the lower end of the plate, but was just wondering.

Secondly, I was thinking about any difficulties drilling the pin holes
at the extreme ends. It occures to me that the tight space against the
wall, (side), of the piano might be a problem. You mentioned that you
made a "shelf" across the top. I assume you are refering to the similar
technique on a grand when drilling with a modified drill press, correct?

Just curious,

Rob Goodale, RPT