Yamaha out of tune

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 14:08:27 -0600

Hi Elian,
           It would be well worth while to take a hammer shank and lightly
tap all the strings to the bridges. I have never seen bad coils on Yamaha's
but this is worth a visual check. If you find many of the strings droping
more than 20-25cents this will most lightly be the cause. For best results
quickly pull to pitch before tapping, then retune. I also use the hammer
shank to lightly tap the bridge pins.
Good luck to you. Roger

At 03:50 PM 30/08/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Hello List et All,
>
>I am trying to concentrate on the Yamaha problem, because I īll be back on
>that piano on Wednesday.
>
>For those mentioning drafts, and temperature changes, I īll check again. But
>the place is very stable, and I noticed no way to get drafts around the
>piano.
>
>About the plate bolts. I am giveing it  a lot of thought. Remember the way
>it goes out of tune, some strings up 1/2beat or so and some down in almost
>the same amount
>
>I am more inclined to check the bridge pins as Avery said
>
>Elian Degen

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina