Broken Bass string

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:18:07 -0400

Bill Schiipf wrote;

"We can not  afford to give our services away just because the cause may
be charitable.  I give to charities every year, but free service is not
in picture."

Now that I am retired I can afford to take the time to do the quality of
work I had wished I had had the time to do in the past.  This includes
doing other things to pianos for which I do not always charge, depending
upon the customer's financial conditions as I perceive them based upon
where and how the live.  I am not giving away much, like removing
pencils from the action at no cost, that type of thing.

Large jobs like hammers and shanks, regulation, etc. I charge full
stroke for.

Tuning one or two pianos a week is GREAT!! (reverb and echo)  It is fun
again.

Charity work is done, from time to time, but I prefer to contribute a
tuning fee to my favorite charity, which will do more for more people.

It is so much fun to tell the phone solicitors that I am unemployed.
That stop the spiel immediately.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com