Pianotech Live Chat

Roberto Rovira roberto_rovira@ciudad.com.ar
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 23:50:53 -0200

John Musselwhite wrote:

>For interest's sake, the "others" over the evening of Jan. 19  (in no
>particular order) would be Don Rose, Mike Swendsen, Susan Kline, Richard
>Moody, Joel Rappaport, Bruce Lantry, Bill Jeffrees (sp?), John Stroup,
>Brian Lawson, Jon Page, Joe Goss, Andy Taylor, Chris Gregg and Roberto from
>Argentina, who goes by the handle "Tango". Did I forget anyone? Thanks to
>you all for participating, especially Brian in Johannesburg SA (ZA?) for
>getting up so early in the morning to join us. In the past few months we've
>had participants from six continents and last night we enjoyed the company
>of piano technicians working in four countries and three continents all
>from the comfort of our own homes. This truly is a remarkable age!

Last tuesday night was really exciting. As John Musselwhite says,
this is a remarkable age. It is not easy for me to express my feellings
in a language that it is not mine. After I subscribed to the list it is
perhaps the first time that I have to write (speak) at least twice a week
and to read the messages every night in english. Think that I have more
contact whit all of you than any other technician of my country.

John Stroup wrote:

>it has been sort of like a stop at the pub on the way home from work. I have
>learned some tech things, enjoyed the jokes and comradarie, and met piano
>techs from several different countries.

I think so.

John Musselwhite wrote:

>The most valuable thing to me is the fellowship...
>enjoying the company of people with the same dedicated interest in pianos
>regardless of the actual topics discussed.

I think that if I could keep chatting with all my limitations I will be
doing that for a long time.
Thanks to all of you that make possible this marvellous encounter.

Roberto Rovira
José Mármol
Buenos Aires
Argentina