Steinway double flange

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 16:07:26 -0600 (CST)

Jim,

   Schaff & APSCO both list them. I don't know about the accuracy of the
fit, though. I've never had to replace any (thank the Lord for large
favors).
   There might also be some mention of it in the archives at:
http://www.webcom.com/wind/ptsearch.html
   Have fun. :-)

Avery

P. S. Did I ever mention to you that I moved here from San Angelo?

>I have a customer with an older Steinway upright that has the double flange
>for the damper and hammer. These are beginning to break and need replacing.
>However the replacement part I got from a local tech do not fit the hammers.
>The slot where the hammer fits is too narrow. I fixed one of them by filing
>the flange some but the results were not satisfactory. Does anyone know who
>might have the correct replacement parts with the right fit?  Sure need some
>advice on this one. Thanks. Jim Love PTG associate, Midland, tx.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893